Friday, April 3, 2009

Finished projects...

Posted by Strlady at 8:49 AM
There are a few things that I did finish recently (yeah me!!) so I need to chat you up about that.

My daughter (Dre) fell in love with a pattern by Thimble Blossoms and while she was visiting her aunt Brenda in NH convinced her to supply her with the pattern and a kit from her shop (Pumpkin Patch Primitives) to make the quilt. The original pattern is called Wallflower and can be found at http://www.thimbleblossoms.com/ under patterns.
Dre changed it a bit to make it her own.




I helped cut the larger (thicker) pieces and helped by teaching Dre how to Machine Applique using a zig-zag stich. she took it from there and built the quilt on her own. When quilting time rolled around she did all the stitch in the ditch and I took over with the free motion.


Unfortunately time ran out and Dre needed to head back to school so it was up to me to finish the quilting and bind the quilt.




She finially received the quilt in her Valentine's day care package.




The A is for Andrea.



The back of the quilt is pieced with the same fabrics that can be found in the front.



It was an excellent weekend project and yielded a beautiful lap quilt (that she appears to use!)

1 comments on "Finished projects..."

Camille on April 8, 2009 at 4:55 PM said...

Thanks for pointing me over here, it is so fun to see everyone's take on my stuff. Love how yours turned out! Great job Dre (and Sandy of course)!

 

Textile House Copyright © 2009 Girl Music is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Emocutez