There has been a bit more TV viewing this week than usual with the Summer Olympics taking place and I have found myself desperate for something to do while watching, so I pulled out one of my long term projects and dusted off the cobwebs.
This is the first block in my, larger - more modern, version of Jacqueline’s Album Quilt. The original block is 9" but I have decided that is a bit to small for my clunky hands. I've decided to increase the size to 12" which was just a matter of enlarging the applique templates to 10 1/2".
As to my travel project I decided I needed to give it a test drive.
I wanted a one piece template of the basket instead of attaching the handle separately, so I traced the handle on the body template right off the bat. I wanted to make sure I would be comfortable with the corners and arcs.
It actually went smoothly, but I thought the handle could be pulled down closer to the body so I adjusted my plastic template to make the basket more stout.
I completed 4 little blocks in no time at all! Only 292 to go! LOL!