I really needed to finish this quilt because it was going into the special exhibit on the Dallas Modern Guild at the Dallas Guild show earlier this month.
After piecing my backing (which I had to order twice because my first attempt at grey backing turned out to have a cream undertone), I proceeded to one of the most hated parts of quilting... Basting.
I knew I was doing a very straight forward design so I didn't have to MARK the quilt (which I always do because I'm not talented enough to wing it). I did practice a bit on the swirl design I was going to use on the geese units.
Then I started the lines on this one...
and more lines...
and every once in a while I needed to check my progress and measure how much I had left to do!
Until it was done!
Pretty darn happy with how it turned out.
Sweat equity that pays off
And after a failed attempt with the backing, I was actually loving the back too
I incorporated the label in the back.
This one should be coming home at the end of the month. I didn't get a chance to pick it up after the show so one of the organizers is holding it for me until the guild meeting. I'll be happy to see this one fly it's way home.. sorry, couldn't resist the pun.